Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Are you a RACISM?

Today, our government class had 2 visiter, Mr. Markman and Ms. Dawson, from Lower East Side Call For Justice. I don't know what Mr. Markman said in the class but I had a great impress for Ms. Dawson's story. I think since United Stateto most people means freedom and equal right, then what's the point about BLACK, WHITE, ASIAN and other color people?
When Ms. Dawson asked a question about what would you do if a person call you black/white/asian? Are you going to fight back or stay and do nothing? I answer: I will fight back. Maybe some person will like Ms. Dawson's son, said: "get the ticket" but I won't.
Yet, for the illegal immigration, they can easily fight back but that only make the them feel guilty when police come and had excuse arrest. Especial for those who don't had an leagal ID and paper documents. In my opinion I think even they were illegal immigration they still can do something to protect their own rights. Like, always wait until your lawyers to come then answer a question; keep hands where the police can see them; only give ploice the name, address, phone numbers, and the employer's informations only; think before you act and words you said...etc. And that's it, leave the rest to your lawyer.
Sometime, people might be afraid when the see a police come to them but here, I'm telling you not to run away, just show police the information you had, they will understand you.
How about you? Can you acceptand understand what should you do when you face a person who's racism?

No comments: